Salary: £40,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
Contact Recruitmentis currently recruiting for a Embedded Field Sales Engineerfor our client,to manage and develop a specific sales area to ensure company revenue and profit targets are met/exceeded, To build and maintain long-term relationships with both new and existing customers and also promote the sales of franchised products to new and existing customers.
My client is a long established market leader in industrial electronics, automation and control. They have a diverse product range and the capability to provide specific individual products up to and including full specified systems. They have outstanding longevity and progression opportunities within the business. There is a highly qualified, professional technical team in the company to support the field sales engineer when needed. You will also receive training and help day to day.
Main Duties & Accountabilities
- To obtain orders to meet sales targets by managing both key and desk accounts.
- To work as a team with Internal sales and sales development manager to provide effective coverage of all size opportunities and proactively identify new sales opportunities and follow-up and develop leads generated by others.
- To liaise with technical, commercial and office staff at both clients and its suppliers to develop the design in opportunities and maintain accounts in target markets. (e.g. joint visits, demonstrations and presentations),
- To maintain a good understanding of clients embedded computing division, franchised products and services and their possible applications and markets.
- To complete administrative tasks in a timely manner. (e.g. customer records, visit reports. Itineraries and lost business reports as well as providing accurate and timely sales forecasts)
- To successfully negotiate, implement, and manage contracts with key accounts to meet company and customer expectations.
- To ensure that all activities/tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company Health and safety policy and the quality / ISO system.
- Any other relevant and reasonable duties that may be requested by management.
• MUST HAVE EMBEDDED EXPERIENCE
- key performance indicators
- meeting sales targets against forecast/set objectives.
- achievement of budget/margin levels.
- specific objectives will be agreed and set annually.
- qualifications & knowledge;
- knowledge of the target customer base.
- knowledge and understanding of Embedded Computing products.
- computer literate; proficient in the use of Excel & Word.
- good standard of numeracy.
- keep up to date with product developments.
Skills and Experience
- have proven experience in sales techniques.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- good commercial acumen
- experience of embedded computer markets & competitors
- ability to develop and maintain good relationships at all levels within the company and its customers
- self-motivated – enthusiasm and drive to succeed.
- accuracy and attention to detail.
- ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual basis
- ability to work under pressure.
- creative – able to think ‘outside the box’
- valid driving licence.
- smart and professional appearance
Scope of Responsibility
- embedded computing – exact sales area to be confirmed
- role will cover from Devon up to Cambridge area, you will be reporting line into the Wokingham office, so must be prepared to go there a couple of times per month.
- 3/4 days a week on the road
- 1 day a week at home covering admin
Founded in 1997 and still privately owned,Contact Recruitmenthave established ourselves as one of the leading and most trusted Multi-discipline agency partners in the North of England. We pride ourselves on building long-term, sustainable partnerships with our clients. Only by fully understanding your business can we effectively provide the right staffing solution for you.
We’re all about our people. Through employing and developing the best sector professionals in the business who go the extra mile, we firmly believe that a consultative local approach to staffing with our clients will deliver you a premium, cost-effective service built specifically around you. Our onboarding processes are second to none. We ensure we recruit the right people for your business the first time.