Manchester, Greater Manchester
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
Contact Recruitment is currently looking to recruit permanently 3 HGV technicians with ideally municipal vehicle experience. This will be to cover various shifts and locations.
Salary: 30 000 £ per year + available overtime
The Shift patterns are Monday – Thursday, early shift 06:30- 14:30, late shift 14:00-22:00 rotating, Friday late shift finishes at 18:00, the hourly rate is £13.00 p/h, the standard working week is 37.5 hours + O/T there is a shift allowance of £1.72 for early shift and £2:33 for late shift, there are 20 days holiday + bank holidays, overtime paid @1.5 Monday to Saturday, Sunday double-time, there are also a number of company benefits associated with the role, pension, share scheme
- Maintenance & Repair of a Fleet of Waste Collection Vehicles & Road Sweeping Equipment to meet current Legislation, Health & Safety and DVSA Standards.
- Carry out Scheduled Inspections & Services to ensure compliance with the Company’s Operator Licence(s) and DVSA Regulations.
- Complete Service and Repair Documentation and any / all other maintenance documentation following Company Standards and Legal Requirements.
- Repair and maintenance of Hydraulic, Electrical and Pneumatic Systems
- Fault Diagnosis and Rectification of Defects including hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical.
- Maintain a High Standard of Housekeeping across all sections of the Service Centre / Workshop
- To carry out any other reasonable job-related tasks
- Apprentice trained through a recognised apprenticeship scheme with the motor vehicle industry.
Achieved Technician status through IRTEC examination
- Previous experience of servicing, maintaining and repairing vehicles/road sweeping equipment to meet current legislative requirements.
Previous experience of maintaining and repairing waste handling equipment, including the overhaul of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Previous experience of completing service and repair documentation and records to meet required standards.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle and body electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Up to date, knowledge of essential health and safety legislation and practice and DVSA requirements.
- Customer service skills.
Well-developed interpersonal skills.
Good organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Be self-motivated and be able to work both individually or as part of a large team.
Willingness to work flexibly as part of a rotating shift system.
Ability to work safely in a physically demanding role.
Ability to respond positively to ongoing changes in a challenging and dynamic operational environment.
- Class 2 LGV Licence
- Previous experience of working in the waste management industry.
- Waste management industry knowledge
Reporting to the Shift Charge-hand, you will be responsible for the Maintenance and Repair of a Fleet of Waste Collection Vehicles & Equipment consisting of various makes, models & types, ranging from Car Derived Vans to 44t Artic Units & Trailers.